27 West Street
Telephone: 44 (0)1252 710 222
Fax: 44 (0)1252 733494
Heathrow Airport 35 miles
Gatwick Airport 40 miles
Farnham Railway Station 1 mile
Cab rank outside station 2 minutes
Click route to download printable instructions in Adobe PDF format
Built in the early 1700's the bishops table hotel is a fine example of early Georgian architecture with its distinctive frontage, and original windows and shutters, all in perfect working order. It is set in a prominent position next to the library in West Street, one of the finest Georgian Streets in Surrey.
The building was once the home of The Marquis of Lothian who purchased it in 1808. He constructed and regularly used a pathway leading down through the beautiful two acre garden leading to the impressive St Andrew's Parish Church (the largest Parish Church in Surrey). The present owners have plans to further landscape this area. The Marquis is also reputed to have formed the first ladies cricket team in Farnham!
The hotel was used until 1919 for the education of Anglican Clergy.
The famous sculptress Sheila Mitchell lived here in rooms on the top floor during the twentieth century.
An intimate, privately owned and managed 18th century hotel in the heart of Farnham offering comfortable en suite bedrooms, café-bar, delightful peaceful garden, and excellent personal service from a team of dedicated staff.
Proprietors: Andrew and Martine Torjussen
Commercial Manager: Roger Hart